Please select from the categories below
Campfires guidelines are put in place for guest safety and to avoid forest fires on the island. Please read the following to ensure everyone has a safe and fun experience:
CAMPFIRES SHOULD NEVER BE LEFT UNATTENDED
CHILDREN ARE NOT PERMITTED TO BE LEFT UNATTENDED WITH A CAMPFIRE
These rules will be strictly enforced for everyone’s safety
Campfires are enjoyable and relaxing! They are also fun for cooking or making smores. However, fires of any kind increase risk to other guests and the island. Any misuse of fire bowls or misuse of campfires will be met with a warning first followed by immediate removal from the The Retreat. Beaver Island Retreat Management reserves the right to extinguish fires at anytime.
Using the firebowl:
- Fire bowls are to be used on the gravel provided and not relocated
- Firewood and starter should always be contained within the bowl when lit to avoid the fire escaping from the contained area
- Do not use broken tree limbs or debris in fire bowls
- Do not burn trash, cans, or paper in fire bowls
Large fires that exceed the bowl rim in excess of 10” will be extinguished
Children 16 and under:
- Children are not permitted to be left alone with a campfire
- Children are not permitted to start or maintain a campfire
- Parents are responsible for ensuring their children remain a safe distance from the fire bowl/ campfire to avoid injury
Extinguishing a campfire:
- Campfires must be extinguished prior to turning in or leaving the site
- Campfires can be extinguished by burning down, using sand from your site, or water from the facility
- The fire extinguisher provided at each site is in case of emergency and not to be used to extinguish the fire
**Checkout time is 10am**
We’d like to say “thank you” for helping us ensure a positive experience for our next guests by following our checkout procedures:
Inside the tent:
- Bring all flatware, dinnerware, and drinkware to the facility kitchen and place in sink
- Dispose of all garbage, recyclables, and compost in appropriate facility locations
- Pile duvet cover, quilted blanket, sheets, and pillow cases on bed
Please report so we can repair/ replace damaged items ensure an amazing experience for our next guests:
- Damaged or broken items
- Ripped or soiled outdoor furniture cushions
- Ripped or stained linens or blankets
- Broken furniture
- Damage to the tent
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy: Full refunds will be given for all reservations that are cancelled due to Covid-19 related situations, up to the very day of arrival. Meaning, if the Governor issues an order, Beaver Island implements safety measures to protect residents, or if an immediate family becomes ill, we will refund 100% of the deposit regardless of when your reservation was made. We will also refund 100% up to the day of arrival for any unexpected medical emergency unrelated to Covid-19.
Beaver Island Retreat may have to cancel your reservation due to COVID-19 or unforeseen circumstances related to the safety of Beaver Island residents. If this is to occur, your deposit will be fully refunded within 21-30 days.
Cancellations that are not due to COVID-19 will be subject to our standard policy.
Standard Policy: Your 50% deposit is fully refundable for any reason up to 14 days before arrival. You may change the reservation date, within the same season and depending on availability, up to 14 days before arrival without penalty. There is a 21-30 day waiting period for refunds to appear in your account.
Beaver Island Retreat, LLC operates the Website BeaverIslandRetreat.com, which provides the information and booking options for our private glamorous camping property.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service, the website of Beaver Island Retreat, LLC.
If you choose to use our Service, then you agree to the collection and use of information in relation with this policy. The Personal Information that we collect are used for providing and improving our Customer Service. We will not use or share your information with anyone for any reason. We may, however, use your information to contact you with upcoming events or booking opportunities.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
We love your furry family member and are so glad that you’ve brought them along! In order for your camping experience to be positive for all guests at the Retreat, please note the following:
- Well-behaved pets are free to run on the campground as long as they do not interfere with other guests or pets
- We provide water/food bowls, pet mat, and doggie baggies for their business, all of which are all replenished as needed
- Pets are permitted in tents and expected to sleep inside the tent with the family on the pet bed that we provide with your stay. This is for their safety.
- Pets are never to be left unattended on the campground and should travel with their owners during excursions on the island
- Pets are not to be left unattended inside the tent as the material and screens could rip due to the force of your pet attempting to get out
- Pets that have altercations with other pets or campers will be required to be leashed for the remainder of their stay
- Pets must be leashed within the town limits of St. James
We suggest that your pet be leashed during the night if they leave the tent for business. This is to protect your pet from running off to that interesting sound in the woods or sustaining potential injury by other animals on the island.